What is WordPress Development stack
WordPress Development stack is a development environment deployed to your favourite cloud server or VPS, selected from the list of supported clouds. TryDirect will automatically create 3 VPS instances and a private network in the selected cloud. WordPress development stack will be deployed on two of those three VPS instances.
What does the WordPress Development stack include
- Server 1 - Self hosted Gitlab with basic CI/CD preconfigured
- Server 2 - WordPress development environment includes: WordPress debug mode, MySQL, Nginx latest stable + LetsEncrypt certbot.
- Server 3 - WordPress production environment includes: WordPress, MySQL, Nginx latest stable + LetsEncrypt certbot.
Servers will be accessible by subdomain names, for example, if the base domain is mydomain.com then the subdomain names will be formed according to the following scheme:
- git.mydomain.com - instance with Gitlab
- dev.mydomain.com - instance with WordPress (dev git branch), development mode
- prod.mydomain.com - instance with WordPress (prod git branch), production mode
The development workflow model is the following:
- The owner invites the developer to use Gitlab
- Developer clones project
- Developer pushes changes
- The development server is updated automatically by commit from the dev branch
- The owner can merge dev to production branch and trigger production upgrade
Who is using Wordpress Development stack
- Wordpress developers
- Website developers
- Content managers
- Website owners
- Web Designers
What are the benefits of using Wordpress Development stack
- Developers get ready to use development with preconfigured CI/CD
- Auxiliary software such as Memcache, Redis, Nginx CertBot, PHPMyAdmin and others can be automatically installed upon request.
- Being based on docker containers, the stack is easily portable and scalable
- The application comes with enhanced performance and quick start up
- The absence of OS duplicates enables a single server to hold more than one container app
- SSL setup is available within a single click
- Portainer brings simplified container management to the table